* gameonli...@redchan.it <gameonli...@redchan.it> [2019-11-07 03:33]:
> If they are able to call for RMS' removal from his OWN project (and yes: GNU
> is _his_ project), and they have threads on this that go on for centuries on
> -devel lists, and this is fine (it is seen as fine), then they have already
> opened the door.

It is my impression that public shamings on his own GNU project is
tolerated by RMS for the reasons as explained here:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html

Purpose

The GNU Project encourages contributions from anyone who wishes to
advance the development of the GNU system, regardless of gender, race,
ethnic group, physical appearance, religion, cultural background, and
any other demographic characteristics, as well as personal political
views...

RMS fighted for free software for decades and he is the one sticking
to those GNU Kind Communication Guidelines better than each of
us. That is why there is so much tolerance.

It is my personal opinion and not any kind of representation of
GNU/RMS viewpoints, that purpose of creating more free software is
more important than the public shamings page that Guix leaders have
published, and so no harsh actions have been imposed.

Somebody else would not be as RMS, somebody else, of a different
character could easily sue them for defamation and bring them to
court, which would ruin the Guix project and probably cause a
political fork of it which is not wanted condition.

To make those management decisions is not easy task. One has to
carefully weigh the good and bad that is created by Guix, and as of
now, in my opinion, there is more good than bad, finally, public
opinion of their Guix' public shamings page is disapproving their
statements, and RMS is not guilty of any crime.

I could say that there is no perfect marriage and divorces could be
costly.