[I think this is related to the discussion of the gnu system, thus I am sending it here]

Users have expressed fear at the future of the linux-kernel; believing that it is now out of the hands of any programmer not employed by one of the large tech companies, and they fear for the future if the future is tied to it, solely (single point of failure).

On the 4chan anime image board, the tech section (one of the few free-speech and non-tracking boards still existing (we used to have anon chat, bbs, newsgroups, etc)) has asked you if you could program on HURD maybe?

Is such possible? A stub for HURD could be perhaps even be made to make use of the linux-kernel's various free hardware-drivers maybe...

Also: most of the people on 4chan's technology board love you.
It's only the people on the /pol/ board (the american-politics board) who oppose you.

Links to archives: rbt.asia/g/thread/73511609/

Is Herd still being developed?
I checked and it hasn't received an update in two years. Are we going to be forever stuck with Linux?
---
Linux is a disgrace to FOSS
---
[Image of your 1983 GNU announcement]
BASTE
I want our boy back
---
it's healthy for the 'scene' to have options
---
rbt.asia/g/thread/73511387/#73511742
i do not like how people are making software more and more politicalized. software should be only concerning about the code quality, not about who wrote it or if the person who wrote this section is non-white, etc. i think if Linux (the kernel) followed OpenBSD's rule of 0% political it would be better, but that is not going to happen. i really do hope GNU Hurd will be completed because Linux is just a mess, it also doesnt give me a good impression that i have to use Linux-Libre because Linux includes firmware blobs within the source tree.
---
rbt.asia/g/thread/73515455/#q73516323
Goodbye, Linux.
Hello, GNU Hurd!