Quoting Chris Shoemaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:36:42AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> <snip>
>> 2.0.[0123] will read a data file with this new
>> object and just ignore it (and drop it on the floor) without erroring out.
>
> If that's true, then I withdraw my objection.  Just to clarify, are
> you saying that it drops the unrecognized data silently, or that it
> prints an error and continues?  If the latter, what is the error
> message?

Looking at the code (this is all by inspection, I haven't tested this)
it will silently drop unrecognized XML nodes in the gnc:commodity subtree.

> In either case, as long as the file opens, I'm satisfied.

By inspection it should just open.  I can try to modify and open a
file if you want, but I'm fairly confident in the code.

> -chris

-derek

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available