--On March 27, 2014 7:25:20 AM -0700 John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

Changelog may be more difficult though we'll have to run a test to
be sure. The main question for me here is whether or not our code to
generate the Changelog file can properly handle multi-parent commits
? This is important to generate log entries for the changes from
upwards merged bugfixes into master. If it does, then merge
conflicts when merging maint into master can always be resolved in
favour of the Changelog file on master.

I'm actually in favor of deleting both because I don't think that
anyone ever looks at them. I expect that everyone gets the News
information from the website or email if they even bother to read
past the subject line, and uses the history from git log, their git
GUI, or on Github to see what was committed and when.

Personally, I would keep the NEWS file. I often look at these files for products I'm interested in. The ChangeLog file seems less useful, but that's just my personal opinion.

              Mike