Hi John,

Indeed it is a shame, and I regret causing the discord and suspicion. Please accept my apologies.

Thanks for your insight and the link to the SFC. I shall get in touch with them.

The only other way of engaging with the GnuCash project without the need of either a contract or management oversight is to create a fork. It would therefore obviously be completely optional whether the dev team adopted any of the changes. But if the fork development matched the Gnucash roadmap and project guidelines, the chances of merger would presumably increase.

However the key to enabling this to succeed is the user base, and as a fork, the user base starts from scratch.

Regards,
Paul.