> On Oct 20, 2017, at 6:22 AM, Wm via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel@gnucash.org
> <mailto:gnucash-devel@gnucash.org>> wrote:
>
> On a much more minor note the build instructions sometimes refer to the
> source dir as
> ../gnucash.git
> and at others
> ../gnucash
> not a big deal but an inconsistency that again might put someone off.  I
> prefer gnucash.git as I doubt many people are using anything else as their
> source these days.

The only issue with “gnucash.git” is that if you do
  git clone https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash
<https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash>
the resulting directory is named gnucash rather than gnucash.git; to get
gnucash.git you must explicitly add that at the end of the command.

> In general I like the new build flexibility and will try some experimenting
> when time allows, maybe even try Windows and python again

The unstable/master windows build is IMO a lot more straightforward—but then I
wrote it. I’ll get some instructions up on the wiki in the next day or two.

Regards,
John Ralls