On 03/03/2018 18:52, D via gnucash-devel wrote:

I think having nearest in time use future dates relative to the report date is
not useful. Mind you, matching a broker statement for value (as opposed to
holdings) is perhaps equally not useful.

I guess I could see a point to a nearest in time using later dates (for
example, when the date history is sparse, and the only earlier date is much
earlier). But perhaps your suggestion of a separate setting would solve the
dilemma.

Where the heck do you get future prices from ?

Seriously.  This is valuable information.  I want to know how you know.

In any event, why aren't you telling gnc what it needs to know so it can multiply some numbers together?

It is a *person* that says what a commodity was worth on a date not gnc after all.

--
Wm

never vote for a man that doesn't understand that imposing a tax on metal mauy work in the inverse to what he expects. duh