Hi,

On Tue, May 15, 2018 1:09 pm, John Ralls wrote:

>> On May 15, 2018, at 8:03 AM, John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>> Browse is broken, searching by component returns “zarro” even if there
>> are bugs with that category.
>
> I figured out what's wrong with "browse": It creates a search that sets
> Resolution = "---". Editing the search and removing that criterion shows
> the component bugs.

I can probably change the default.  Looks like Gnome's default is unset,
so I removed the "resolution=---" part of the URL and added in some
default status settings (NEW and UNCONFIRMED for now)

> The status field is also different from Gnome's so it's not possible to
> search for bugs in "ASSIGNED", "REOPENED", or "NEEDINFO".

Indeed.  Looks like the status categories are different.  We have:
  NEW, UNCONFIRMED, CONFIRMED, IN_PROGRESS, RESOLVED, VERIFIED
Gnome has:
  UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED, NEEDINFO, RESOLVED, VERIFIED

Resolutions are also different.  WE currently have:
  INCOMPLETE, NOTABUG, OBSOLETE, ---, FIXED, INVALID, WONTFIX, DUPLICATE,
WORKSFORME
Gnome has:
  ---, FIXED, WONTFIX, DUPLICATE, NOTABUG, NOTGNOME, INCOMPLETE, INVALID,
GNOME1.x, MOVED, OBSOLETE, NOTXIMIAN

We will have to figure out the various status and workflow settings we want.

> Interestingly the "Browse" link in the header on Gnome is (nicely IMO)
> customized to put up https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html
> instead of
> https://bugzilla.gnucash.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=GnuCash.

I have not found a parameter to set this.  I wonder if this is in a
template somewhere?  And if so, I wonder if it's different in a different
localization.  For example, does Frank see BZ in German?  Or is it in
English for everyone?

> Gnome's BZ also has a custom "My Bugs" link at the left end of the footer
> that produces another custom page
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=describeuser.html. The one at the
> right end runs a search just like the one on bugzilla.gnucash.org.

Hmm.  I do not see a My Bugs link on the footer of my Gnome BZ page
(although I do see it on our BZ instance).  When logged in to Gnome my
footer says:

Gnucash Bugs | My GC Bugs
Bugs I watch with patches | Bugs I've touched in the last two weeks

> Neither of which has anything to do with import, though the first is a bit
> of a usability problem.

True, but validating the configuration is a next step.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com