On 22/05/2018 19:42, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:
Am 22.05.2018 um 19:21 schrieb Geert Janssens:
IRC includes IP addresses, which the GDPR explicitly mentions as personal
information, in “joined” messages, and those get logged. ISTM those
messages aren’t important as they’re not part of the conversation and we
could easily stop logging them delete them from the existing logs.

Yes, I think we should do that.

It depends: most private used IPv4 are dynamic IPs - changing at least
daily. They are useless without the dial in protocol of the provider.
That is the reason, anti terror laws try to force them to store them.
Then again courts declare the anti terror law unconstitutional.

I don't know the current practice of providers with IPv6.

Question: How will you behave, if you see, last night XXX announced an
terror attack on our channel?

I suggest IRC is a small (though sometimes very detailed) part of the conversation about gnc; I suggest that the people taking part in this conversation mainly know each other and a bad person injecting a world changing message through IRC should be dealt with as ordinary.

C'mon, are we really expecting someone important other than a Trump or Yeltsin to play in the IRC and if it is just a pony, deal with it.

--
Wm