I haven’t. I did try to download the 1.58-dev files from the Xenial repo, but
that’s when I hit a wall of additional dependencies and decided further effort
wasn’t worth the trouble.

I don’t need it for my own use. I was just testing it because I had time.

I daily use GnuCash on High Sierra.

I suspect though that I’d still get the error as it was looking for a 1.58
version it couldn’t find despite that I had 1.65 installed. (and then upgraded
to 1.67, still to no effect)

When I tried to start unraveling everything back to a prior state (I should
have just taken a snapshot of the VM) I learned that libboost is also used by
LibreOffice so most systems will probably have it, just not the version spec’d
for the Disco .deb.

Note, I also have not tried Stephen’s .deb file. I was only testing the one
from the Disco repos he linked today. I’m not sure if that would have made a
difference.

Regards,
Adrien