I’m in agreement on that note. I understand why someone who doesn’t close books
would like a report that shows a current position. But the Trial Balance report
is really only useful for the close books crowd. It should only reflect actual
transactions in the various registers. In the case of assets then, it shouldn’t
be estimating based on any user choice of average, nearest date or such, it
should be taking actual purchase price just like you would if you did it on
paper.

Regards,
Adrien