Thanks for feedback.

I think it will be sensible to modify the current GST-report to

1. instead of combined Sales/Purchases Accounts, request them separately.
2. add a tab "Format" -- this will be new new home for toggling
sales/purchase/tax summaries or individual accounts
3. within "Format" tab, add multichoice option to specify 'default' or
'uk-vat' which converts report output to the HMRC box 1-9 columns.

As this requires a change in saved-report options, will be best in the 4.x
series. While this is in development, UK-VAT-report.scm will still work
unchanged. This means we won't need to add a new report altogether, and
other countries could tack their formats at the end of
income-gst-statement.scm.

See example at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/500