Am Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 08:36:20 CEST schrieb Geert Janssens:
> Op maandag 2 september 2019 22:27:02 CEST schreef Christian Stimming:
> > Updated      via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/16a69e2a
> > (commit)
> >
> >     from  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/abc0964c (commit)
> >
> > commit 16a69e2a63f462346f498918eee738e5443bea58
> > Author: Christian Stimming <christ...@cstimming.de>
> > Date:   Mon Sep 2 22:25:39 2019 +0200
> >
> >     I18n fix: Trim user-visible strings from unneeded whitespace.
> >
> >     This makes translations unnecessarily confusing. If the layout
> >     needs some space, feel free to add padding and such.
>
> Isn't this kind of empty space introduced by the glade tool automatically if
> strings become too long ?

I don't think so. In this particular case the space and line breaks showed up
in gnucash.pot and the translations, but in all other cases it does not. I
think this is just a misformatting from the previous editor of this glade file
who didn't check the effects of this formatting on the translation strings, so
I fixed this at least for the future.

Regards,
Christian