David,

Adding to the Appendices is, I think, a serious mistake. The Appendices are where good intentions go to be ignored and forever enshrined in 2006. Take a look at the history and content of, for example, Appendices A and B for example.

David T.

On 9/28/2020 9:52 AM, David Carlson wrote:
Perhaps it would be better to format it as an appendix with reference(s) in appropriate places in the body of the Guide.  This would allow more detail for those who are interested without boring those who do not need the information.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 8:36 AM D. via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel@gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-devel@gnucash.org>> wrote:

    I agree with Frank's suggestions. The Guide would be the best spot
    (probably in the Business Setup area of chapter 13). And you do
    need to expand abbreviations at the first instance.

    From an editorial perspective, I think a little more explanatory
    background would help users understand the purpose here. Also,
    full account hierarchies are important (unless the GST account is
    a top level account?).

    David T.

    -------- Original Message --------
    From: "Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenber...@gmail.com
    <mailto:frank.h.ellenber...@gmail.com>>
    Sent: Mon Sep 28 09:20:21 EDT 2020
    To: Christopher Lam <christopher....@gmail.com
    <mailto:christopher....@gmail.com>>
    Cc: gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel@gnucash.org
    <mailto:gnucash-devel@gnucash.org>>
    Subject: Re: [GNC-dev] Cookbooks

    Hi Chris,

    in theory the Guide is the right place, but if you think it still
    needs
    improvement, you can put it in the wiki.

    Note on your draft: Abbreviations should be defined on the first usage
    or, if they are used in different places in the glossary and
    linked from
    the first occurrence in each page.

    Regards
    Frank

    Am 28.09.20 um 14:05 schrieb Christopher Lam:
    > Devel,
    > Is there a suitable place where we could direct users to use
    recipes to get
    > going quickly?
    > See draft, attached.

David Carlson