I tried again with a second visit to accessid so I'd get a fresh UUID. It
worked to get the accounts but failed when I tried to retrieve transactions.

I've summarized the setup process in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings#USAA, though for
my experience the Client UID instructions, which reflect getting them from the
URL, are not correct.

Regards,
John Ralls