I’d double check with a CPA or legal advisor concerning the ‘earmarking’ of
donations if your organization takes them as tax-deductible in the U.S.

I could be wrong, and I may only be thinking of certain types of non-profits,
but my understanding is that tax-deductible donations to non-profits cannot be
earmarked by the donor.

If that’s the case, it would save you some accounting work.

Regards,

Adrien