If the client has paid for one year, you add it to her account and then you
deduct the amounts for the time spent (months) then add to your bank/csh
account the balance. Then you pay her.

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+cmaloney4=talktalk....@gnucash.org] On Behalf
Of Robert Heller
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:16 PM
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Subject: Issuing a refund: how to record it and have it show up in the
Customer Report

I provide web hosting and some of my clients pay upfront for 1 year.  A
client has closed her site, before the year is up and I'd like to issue a
refund.
How do I do this so it is properly recorded in her Customer Report?  I know
I can easily just record a check and take it out of the income account, but
I would like to include useful paperwork with the check I send and I was
thinking a Customer Report would be the right thing.  (Or maybe not?)

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services

---
http://www.avg.com