On Sat, 2 Sep 2017, John Ralls wrote:

It’s part of GnuCash. Any library that starts with libgnc or libgncmod is
part of GnuCash. Its main external dependency is libgtk-x11.so though it
has several others in the Gnome stack.

John,

  I thought it was provided by gnucash. I don't have libgtk-x11.so here so I
need to find what provides that. I believe that I have the other
dependencies (see below).

You do know that there are distros that do provide GnuCash and quite
possibly the other programs you need without your having to build them
yourself, right?

  Yes. I've been building applications (and the occasional kernel) for 20
years. The dependencies are goffice-0.8, libgnomecanvas, libofx, and
webkitgtk (which requires libwebp). These are all installed here.

  Now to track down libgtk-x11.

Many thanks,

Rich