On 9/28/2017 5:20 AM, Warner Losh wrote:
I'm converting from quickbooks.

In quickbooks, it was super simple to have a 'cash basis' system, and still
keep track of the monies owed using things like invoices and accounts
receivable. In the US, business smaller than a certain size can be on a
cash basis. My businesses have been cash based for about 20 years now, and
QuickBooks has handled it nicely.
Unfortunately, gnucash business features (like invoicing) only work accrual basis. It would be nice if there were an option for those of us keeping books on the cash basis << I do accounting for non-profits, whose members often want to be invoiced for dues, etc. but those are NOT legally receivable >>

The work around is ugly and requires additional data entry << keeping a second set of "virtual" books to produce the invoices and record their being paid, etc. (and at that time entering transaction in the "real" cash basis books) >> But that is what I do for the non-profits for which I need to produce invoice statements.

Michael D Novack

Michael D Novack

Michael D Novack