Hi,

After experiencing the same Yahoo-related issues retrieving stock quotes
has many others in this group, I upgraded Finance-Quote to version 1.44.

So this, on it's own, didn't fix the issue, but I'm confused about how
GnuCash uses Finance-Quote.

In GnuCash you need to select the quote source. After upgrading F::Q,
setting the GnuCase quotge source to either of "Australian Stock Exchange,
AU", or "alphavantage" or anything else does not work.

However, if I run F::Q using a simple perl script (below), it works fine...

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Finance::Quote;
my $q = Finance::Quote->new();
my %data = $q->fetch('ASX', 'NAB');
print "NAB price is " . $data{'NAB', 'price'} . "\n";

So what source is F::Q using by default and how can I set this in GnuCash?

I'm running GnuCash 2.6.17 on Ubuntu 17.04, installed using the getdeb
repository.

I'm mostly interested in stocks on the ASX.

Cheers,
Justin.