Ah, this was the problem for me as well.  I found an ancient Templeton fund
that hadn't been switched over.

The actual bug here (and I have written it before on this mailing list) is that
the error message that Gnucash provides is useless.  It needs to contain more
information about what failed.  And contain a link to the wiki.  Otherwise this
mailing list gets slammed with yahoos like me asking the same questions over
and over.

Also, Alphavantage doesn't have VMGP (Vanguard Moderate Growth Portfolio).

But it works!  Yay!

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:01:30AM -0600, David Carlson wrote:
> I have been using GnuCash for many years and there are many securities in
> my file that I no longer own, but I may or may not have discontinued
> downloading their prices.  In trying to get my Alphavantage source working,
> it appears that it does not work if there is a mix of some securities
> changed and many not changed.
>
> 1. Do I have to find all of them and change all before it will work?
>
> 2. If so, is there an easy way to find them all?
>
> 3. If not,what troubleshooting steps will help figure out why it is not
> working yet?
>
> David C

Brian M. Sutin, Ph.D.                    Electro-Optical Systems Engineering
Skewray Research/1307 Diamond Ave/South Pasadena CA 91030 USA/(909) 293-0026