Hi,

Roger Oliver <rmom...@gmail.com> writes:

> I live in Mexico so when my tech works on my computer he changes the
> operating language of Windows to Spanish. Somehow that changed the language
> of GnuCash and I can't seem to get it to change back. The names of the
> accounts are the names I gave them in English but all the menus and tabs
> are in Spanish. It even changed the primary currency to the Mexican peso.

GnuCash uses the system locale to choose its display/menu language.
You will need to change the OS language back to English -- or you will
need to specifically reconfigured GnuCash to run in English.  See
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale

> It may have something to do with Windows Defender. For some reason it
> blocked GnuCash from making changes to the file. It was treating GnuCash as
> a virus. I think we fixed that.

-derek

       warl...@mit.edu                        PGP key available