I right click on the new file to open.

On 02/21/2018 08:59 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
HI,

On Wed, February 21, 2018 9:44 am, Les wrote:
I created a new GC file for my Mac.  When I try to open the new file, it
reverts back the previous file.

How to correct this problem?
How are you trying to open the new file?

On a Mac you cannot double-click a file -- GnuCash does not handle the
Apple Open intent and will always open the last-opened file on a Mac.  So
on a Mac you MUST use File->Open from the menu to select your data file.

Thanks,

Les
-derek

-derek