3.0!  Many thanks to the GnuCash developers. I have been lurking on the gnucash-devel list, so I have overheard all the discussion and care you put into this huge accomplishment, and I can only imagine all the work that you put in between posts.  I appreciate it!

Still, I have a question about the 3.0 release announcement <https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-April/075866.html>. It said, "[Changes in the Bayes import maps] mean that if you have Bayesian mapping data, once converted your database will be loadable only by GnuCash 2.6.20 and later." That implies to me that there exists a version 2.6.20.

Is there in fact a GnuCash 2.6.20?

The GnuCash.org "other versions" page <http://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml> says, "Old Stable Release (2.6.19)". I don't see a mention of 2.6.20.

The Sourceforge.net files/gnucash (stable) directory <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/> has a directory named "2.6.20", containing a "-setup.exe", ".tar.gz", and ".tar.bz2" files, but no "dmg" file (for Mac OS).

Looking through my archive of the gnucash-user list, I see an announcement for 2.6.19 <https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2017-December/073590.html> in December 2017, but no announcement of 2.6.20.

Is a release of 2.6.20 coming soon, and I should just be patient and wait for it?  Or am I misunderstanding the reference to 2.6.20 in the 3.0 announcement?

For me (running GnuCash on Mac OS X), the issue is that the changes in the Bayes import maps, while welcome, will make my upgrade irreversible. I would feel more comfortable if I could upgrade to 2.6.20 first, then to 3.0. That would give me (the illusion of) a downgrade path.

Again, many thanks for 3.0! I look forward to using it, whether it be sooner or later.

--
    --Jim DeLaHunt, j...@jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
      multilingual websites consultant

      355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
         Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953