I have very limited experience with SNAP on Ubuntu.  It's been generally good, but not completely problem free. I have thought about trying to create a SNAP for GnuCash 3.0, but first I'll have to get it to build cleanly in the native environment, something has so far eluded me.

As I understand it, applications installed as a SNAP package are self-contained and sandboxed.  So, in theory, a SNAP of GnuCash should install alongside an existing version from repository and never the 'twain shall meet.

In reality -- I don't know.  But I know one way to find out...

Backups, I think would be the order of the day if anyone is going to pursue this.

Ron Morse