> On Apr 16, 2018, at 10:43 AM, Lesley Burton <lesleyabur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I updated GNU-cash last month with the update and am unable to open my
> accounts now I keep getting an error message saying ‘Gnucash could not obtain
> the lock for file://C: followed by the path and underbit saying the database
> is in use by another user. If I ask it to open anyway it just all closes
> down. I am running windows 10!

There are a couple of know bugs that match that rather cursory description. One
involves non-ASCII characters in saved-reports-2.4 and config.user, the other
bad dates (ones before 1400).

Both have fixes and a nightly build,
https://wiki.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/gnucash-3.0-2018-04-16-git-3.0-75-g87f94abc8+.setup.exe

<https://wiki.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/gnucash-3.0-2018-04-16-git-3.0-75-g87f94abc8+.setup.exe>,