I've recompiled having removed the offending --enable-register2 flag

The problem has gone away.

I've passed your message on to the Slackware maintainer.

Thank you ever so much

Alex

On 17/04/18 14:18, Geert Janssens wrote:
Op dinsdag 17 april 2018 14:58:44 CEST schreef Alex:
I think I know what you are going to say next

CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
./configure \
   --prefix=/usr \
   --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
   --sysconfdir=/etc \
   --localstatedir=/var \
   --infodir=/usr/info \
   --mandir=/usr/man \
   --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION \
   --enable-register2 \
   $W_PYTHON \
   $OFXBANKING \
   $AQBANKING \
   --disable-schemas-compile \
   $DBIARGS \
   --build=$ARCH-slackware-linux

# --enable-register2 (not ready for 2.6.0 release)
There are two --enable-register2 one of which is commented out.

I shall recompile without the first --enable-register2 and it that
solves the problem I shall get back to the Slackware maintainer.

Alex
:-)

You can tell the maintainer it's not ready for gnucash 3.0 either should
slackware consider upgrading to that release.

Geert