On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 08:32:23AM -0700, John Ralls wrote:

> > On May 31, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Fred Smith <fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'm trying to build 3.1 for Centos-7, and since I don't know anything
> > about cmake, am having some trouble.
> >
> > when running cmake like this:
> >
> >     cmake $SRCROOT/gnucash
> >
> > I'm getting these errors:
> >
> >     CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (file):
> >       file problem creating directory: /glib-2.0/schemas
> >
> > is this due to something in CMakeLists.txt, line five? Line 5 in
> > that file doesn't appear to have anything to do with glib, Here
> > are the first few lines:
> >
> >        # CMakeLists.txt for GnuCash
> >
> >        IF (WIN32 OR APPLE)
> >          CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 3.3.2)
> >        ELSE()
> >          CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 2.8)
> >        ENDIF()
> >
> >        PROJECT (gnucash)
> >
> >        ENABLE_TESTING()
> >

> > then there's this one. there IS no CMakeLists.txt file in the gnome
> > directory. what am I supposed to look at to try to understand this one?
> >

> >     -- Performing Test have_mod_mask - Failed
> >     CMake Error at gnome/CMakeLists.txt:59 (gnc_add_swig_guile_command):
> >       Unknown CMake command "gnc_add_swig_guile_command".
> >
> > and if there WERE such a file, how would I go about fixing this?
> >
> > Assistance appreciated, thanks in advance!
>
> Did you by any chance set $SRCROOT to point to the source directory (i.e.
> /path/to/gnucash-3.1) instead of the source directory’s parent? If you did
> then you want to say “cmake <options> $SRCROOT”.

I downloaded the file to ~/Downloads, and from there did tar xvf <tarfilename>
which produced a directory named gnucash-3.1, and that is where $SRCROOT
points:

        $ env | grep SRCROOT
        SRCROOT=/home/fredex/Downloads/gnucash-3.1

which way should I then be doing it? I (in my advanced years) find the
explanations somewhat opaque. Surely my problem, not yours.

also, where is it trying to create that glib directory? the message
says /glib/..., so am I supposed to run this as root, so it has
permission to write into the / directory?

> That aside, if there’s no CMakeLists.txt in gnucash-3.1/gnucash/gnome then
> you have borked your source directory. See
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/gnucash/gnome/CMakeLists.txt

I'll look into this.

thanks for the reply!

Fred