> On Sep 5, 2018, at 8:49 PM, nvsoar <nvs...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> On 09/05/18 17:27, John Ralls wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 5, 2018, at 12:26 PM, nvsoar <nvs...@charter.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Running Win 10 - Install online price retrieval (GnuCash version 2.6.21)
>>> reports DateManip could not be found; reports the following at the end.
>>>
>>> * Run gnc-fq-helper
>>> Can't locate Date/Manip.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Manip
>>> module) (@INC contains: C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib
>>> C:/strawberry/perl/vendor/lib C:/strawberry/perl/lib .) at gnc-fq-helper
>>> line 29.
>>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gnc-fq-helper line 29.
>>> An error occurred, see above.
>>> Press any key to continue . . .
>>>
>>> Have know idea for the meaning of @INC, or where to put the Date::Manip
>>> module.
>>>
>>> Same fault for GnuCash version 2.6.17
>>>
>> Run the Online Price Retrieval Setup program. Date::Manip is a required perl
>> module.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>

> That's what did not work.  Downloaded v2.6.21; went GnuCash menu and selected
> "Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash."  This action resulted in the
> message above at the end of the process. Observing the process running on the
> terminal showed a message similar to "could not find DateManip" part way
> through.
>
> I apologize for not being clear in the initial report.

Hmm. Date::Manip is in the CPAN repository,
https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.73.tar.gz
<https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SB/SBECK/Date-Manip-6.73.tar.gz>. The
URL has changed, though, from cpan.org to metacpan.org <http://metacpan.org/>.
That’s just the last couple of months, I think.

Try opening a Strawberry Perl window from the Start menu and run the command
  cpan -i Date::Manip

There are likely multiple error messages and having the output in a window that
doesn’t disappear at the end will help you see them all.

Regards,
John Ralls