As others have noted in the past, Gnucash does not seem to be working well with
High Sierra. I am currently unable to open the Gnucash app at all. I am using
High Sierra 10.13.6 on a MacBook Air, and just downloaded the latest version of
Gnucash (3.2). The same thing happens whether I am using the app that was
already on my computer (which I think was the latest, but am not certain), or I
try to open the just downloaded version. When I launch the app, it goes through
the process of seemingly loading, and then stops without opening.  I have YEARS
of financial data on this app, so I hope there is a way to get it to work!
Thank you.