Christian,

I have changed the subject line of this thread because you have decided to
focus your response on telling me how I have (or should have) experienced this
dialog.

Your initial contribution to this discussion was to promote your own superior
intelligence ( "I understand it just fine."). You add insult to injury by
implying that my experience is somehow invalid and extreme ("I don't understand
why somebody can get so worked up about simple number representation."). So,
now I'm a simpleton as well!

Finally, you completely ignore the substantive and detailed information I
provided both originally and in reply to your initial dismissive comment. I
made a good faith effort to explain in detail precisely what about this dialog
is confusing. I don't see ANYTHING in your reply that indicates that you read
those words.

If all you plan to do is dismiss my experience with sloppy and unhelpful
commentary, perhaps you should simply sit back and let someone with a little
more constructive attitude formulate a reply.

David T.