I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but perhaps it will be cleared
if I tell you that reconciling is a process that applies **as of a certain
date.**

In other words, the bank says my balance *as of* December 11 is $100.00. When I
reconcile, I enter that closing balance, and then confirm my transactions with
the statement. If they end up the same at the end, then I can say my account is
reconciled as of December 11.

The point is, if you have a closing balance on a statement, you will be
reconciling every transaction prior to that date that the bank has registered,
which I believe means the answer to your specific question is "yes."

 HTH,
David