On Thursday, 13 December 2018 09:33:13 GMT davidbrown.r...@photos.bozeat.biz
wrote:
> Thursday 13th Dec
> I have set up 5 accounts to allocate particular categories of transactions.
> They are each top of the tree.
> I want to have a single parent and 5 child accounts.  How can I transfer all
> individual accounts to the single parent account without changing each
> transaction manually.
> In the "Accounts" tab I can right click on an expense account and the option
> to "Transfer Funds" dialog box appears.  It is not clear to me and find
> difficulty in finding the same in the help documentation.
> Kind regards
>
> David

Hi David,

You can edit the accounts to re-parent them.  From the chart of accounts view,
select one of the "child" accounts, then Edit -> Edit Account.  In the
dialogue box that appeared, in the bottom right corner, there is a box to
specify the parent account - the rest should be obvious.

You'll have to do that for each account you wish to re-parent.

HTH,
Maf.