Crypto MR <cryptac...@gmail.com> writes:

> If I set up a report, let's say the balance sheet report, I usually
> want to see all accounts in this report. Each time I later add another
> account, I have to adjust the report settings for the 'saved
> reports'. Is there any way I could modify the report settings with a
> wildcard, so each time I run the report, it would automatically select
> ALL accounts?

Unfortunately the way QOF works (since about 2.0), Accounts are not
"special" anymore -- all matches are performed by GUID (including
accounts).  This was implemented as a generalization of the code as it
was expanded to be able to search for other objects, like Customers,
Invoices, etc.

The downside of this change is that this particular feature was lost.

The only way to add it back in would be to completely restructure the
way searches are performed in order to special-case Accounts again.

I think, with the C++ rewrite underway, this feature could,
theoretically, be re-added by allowing an Account to override the
generic search functions.

-derek

       warl...@mit.edu                        PGP key available