Hello!

I'm hoping somebody may have run into this and can help me out. The balance
sheet is balanced as per auditor and year end adjusting entries, but for
some reason I've got $5.24 stuck in retained earnings losses after closing
out the year to RE.

The Total Equity value is correct, but only with the $5.24 loss displayed.

I found a the invoice that was $5.24 + $0.79 tax.

My fiscal year starts 10/1/2017 but when I first started using Gnucash, I
entered the date of a pre-incorporation/start of year date as 4/1/2017.

I deleted the payment transaction, which for some reason I marked as paid
6/8/2018 but it was posted as a pre-payment and not applied to the invoice.

I then deleted the pre-payment via journal, and I think this may be where I
went wrong, then went in a paid the invoice using the AP module.

The tax portion seems to be fine, but I'm left with this $5.24, which I
think is associated with the pre-payment I deleted via journal instead of AP
module.

Any ideas how I can fix this to make my statement look pretty, not
displaying the retained losses automatic sub-total by bringing it to $0?

Thanks,
Ben