It's good to see that the formatting issue is being addressed and my suggestion
is as follows...
   - Italicise all quoted text from previous contributors.
   - Delete any previously posted text that is irrelevant or duplicated.
   - Compose all fresh comments with normal text.
   - Start with an introductory comment at the top (if required).

Un-quoted top posting without nested levels is certainly quite the pain, I
agree. I?ve seen some examples of it here lately.

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 10:28 AM, Stephen M. Butler <kg...@arrl.net> wrote:
>
> I have always enjoyed the following example of top posting:
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

> But, then, there are good reasons to use each style at the appropriate
> place.
>
> --Steve

   - Enter fresh comments below the quoted text to which they relate,
interspersing them within the quoted text if it helps to improve clarity.

Alan