I have two general questions.

   - How well supported is GnuCash on the Ubuntu OS?
   - How transportable would the GnuCash DB be between a computer running
Ubuntu and another one that is running Windows 10?
I am currently using GnuCash v3.4 on a Windows 10 computer at home.  However, I
recently purchased a small notebook that came with Windows 10, but that I am
considering reworking to Ubuntu.  I would like to take the small notebook with
me on trips and have my GnuCash file available for access.
If I interpret this webpage correctly, it appears that a GnuCash v3.3 edition
is supported on Ubuntu Cosmic (18.10) https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/gnucash
I realize that having both PCs on Windows 10 would eliminate potential
transport issues.  However, the SSD storage (non-upgradeable) on the notebook
is only 30GB, which Windows eats for lunch.
Another possible option I've thought of is reserving the builtin SSD for
Windows OS and attempting to use a 128GB SD card for installation and running
of all applications (such as GnuCash, LibreOffice, etc.).
Thank you for suggestions and recommendations.
Larry