Lorrie,
John's suggestion will work.
Assuming of course that you spent this cash, then you create transactions of
some sort that move this cash to some expense account. John's technique will
work, although it doesn't provide any information about how you have spent the
money.
I try occasionally to create transactions that allocate my cash along the lines
of how I think I actually spent it.  So, something like:
Assets:Cash  -200Expenses:Dining  75Expenses:Household 125
Granted, at this point, it's all making things up, but it can help when running
various reports to have numbers that might relate to reality.
Of course, some people actually track their actual cash expenses, actually. I
just never had that much dedication.

Cheers,David

  On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 9:44, John Ralls<jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2019, at 7:24 PM, Lorrie Laskey <lrlas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Looking over my accounts, I see a Cash account with what looks like every
> cash transaction I have ever made going back 4 years. Since I don't track
> my cash, it is a negative balance and is skewing the balance of my overall
> accounts.
>
> Do I need to track this and if not, how do I delete it without deleting the
> individual transitions from their original accounts?

What kind of account (i.e. asset, expense, etc.) is it and what’s an example of
a transaction involving it?

I don’t track cash either and use an “expenses:cash” account to balance cash
withdrawals. Is it something like that?

Regards,
John Ralls