> On 11 Feb 2019, at 18:59, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net>
> wrote:
>
> All context menus for me on a Mac have a ‘lag’ or delay on some or all items
> in the menu. At most this lasts about 2 seconds. In most cases it is only one
> menu entry (consistently a ‘delete’ variant) that doesn’t seem to want to be
> highlighted while the others are all responsive right away. I haven’t had to
> move the mouse off the menu, I just move up and down and it eventually ‘wakes
> up.’
>
> Not sure if that is related.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>

>> That’s the one!
>>
>> I’m having great trouble reproducing it this afternoon, and hadn’t
>> discovered the move-the-pointer trick on the inert popup.
>>
>> But I have discovered that moving the cursor just outside the top of an
>> active popup (i.e. one which does highlight the options) may make it inert
>> when the cursor is brought back in.
>>
>> Michael

I’m not suffering from the delay mentioned by Adrien, but I’ve noticed another
couple of oddities in the user interface.

It’s not possible to use Cmd-back-apostrophe to switch between two windows
opened by the same instance of GC - this was present in 2.6.. versions too - so
it’s necessary to click on the other window to give it focus.

In 2.6… any part of the window could be clicked, so it was possible to enter
new transactions during a reconciliation (for example).

I’ve found that in 3.4 it’s necessary to click the Title Bar. Clicking the
content of a window brings it to the front, but leaves it largely unresponsive.

Switching to the account being reconciled in this way makes it impossible to
edit the date of a new transaction, but possible to enter the rest.

Switching back to the Reconciliation Window by clicking on the content leaves
the window unresponsive, with the tick marks for already-reconciled
transactions greyed out.

In the short term, there is a simple work-around - always click on the Title
Bar.

It’s not clear whether this change from 2.6… arises from a change in the GC
code itself, or in the window management code it uses.

Michael