I am  pretty sure the section can be slenderized.

You have both not been there, when the attack was waging. I watched lags
of several minutes between sending a commnd and seeing its execution.
That is the reason why I copied the very first help screens.

After setting the moderation flag on the channel, my worst case scenario
was a user, who fears he lost his data and can now additionally not ask
in the channel.

Probably a more user friendly structure might be:

Just try the link irc://...
If successful continue with "register a nick"
else install a client, see lists, and retry....

with the definitions, where required.

~Frank