On Thu, March 21, 2019 3:51 pm, Christian Kluge wrote:
[snip]
> I don’t know how to say it, but I think GnuCash might be better off with
> a balance carry over method into the next year.

Patches always welcome!  :)

> At least for me in Germany I can’t think of someone accounting for more
> than one year and also only on certain circumstances accounting for
> another period than 01.01. to 31.12.

Here in the US, organizations are free to set up any financial year they
wish.  Many still choose a calendar year, but certainly may are on a
skewed calendar.  Many choose June 30 for the end of the year.  I worked
one place that was Jan 31.

> I don’t know whether it would be possible to have an option the gnucash
> file for the previous year which would be used comparisson reports.

You would have to have GnuCash keep track of multiple files.
Search the code history for Gemini.  There was, at one point, an attempt
at doing this.  But really, searching across multiple files is not as
straightforward as you would think.

> Is there a way to ex- and import the business related things?

There is an importer; I do not believe there is an exporter.

> If there were the scenario you’ve described would a bit cumbersome but
> still doable.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com