On Tue, May 7, 2019, 3:09 AM ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-user@gnucash.org>> wrote:

    On 5/7/19 12:08 AM, Colin Law wrote:
     > What exactly did you do when you tried to restore it from backup?
     > Without knowing what backup s/w or strategy you use we are in the
    dark
     > on what you actually did.

    What backup means is that I have copies of the data file squirrels away
    wher Gnu Cash can't find them.  I restored yesterday's file to
    the target directory where GnuCash does look.  I got back the same
    closed account.  When I let GnuCash i on the secret as to where
    the backups were, it ran the prior day's properly.  I then used
    "Save As" to put it back where it normally resides and remove
    GnuCash from seeing the backup archines.

    Why it worked the second way and not the first is the mystery.