On 5/15/2019 8:18 PM, D via gnucash-user wrote:
> Alton,
>

> On May 15, 2019, at 10:12 PM, Alton Brantley <alton.brant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You should be aware that the OFX import will use the posting date only as
>> its import date. Your statements will list the transaction date, so your
>> statements and your ledger will not match directly.
> I don't understand. First off, in most cases debit card transactions have the
> same date in the bank records as I do. The exceptions are handwritten checks,
> the images of which most banks supply in their statements (so you can
> adjust). Finally, if you are importing transactions from your bank, aren't
> you already accepting their timing?

<snip>

Real time transaction dates frequently will not match the posting date
for debit/cc/ach/transfer transactions.  It depends primarily on when
the payee runs a batch total.  Some are manually batched, others are
automatically processed at a set time or number of transactions.  Banks
typically postdate charges after closing on Saturday thru Sunday until
Monday, unless Monday falls on a bank holiday (then Tuesday).

Checks by default will almost never match, typically a 2 day wait plus
however long the payee decides to wait before depositing  it (I've had
checks not show up for 3 months on statements).  The exception is if the
payee goes directly to your bank and cashes it.

Irregardless, I try to go with the transaction date, especially on
checks.  The ones I forgot to manually enter go with the date provided
by the financial institution, unless I go back and edit them to match
the date on the original receipt.

> David

--JEffrey Black M.B.A.