On 6/19/19 5:02 AM, Larry Evans wrote:
On 6/18/19 5:58 PM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:
On Jun 18, 2019, at 4:19 AM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

Hi All,

On my credit card registries, is it possible to add an extra
date column where I can put Post Date?

Many thanks,
-T

On 6/18/19 5:24 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
No, you can’t just add stuff to the UI, but you can turn on Double
Line mode in the View menu which will reveal a transaction-wide
‘Notes’ field and put it there.

Rats!  I was hoping for an extra column.

Thank you anyway!
You're not the first to request that feature:

   https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2015-August/061582.html

I'd also like such a feature.  As things are now, I create 2 subaccounts
for a bank account, one subaccount called pending, the other called
done.  The pending is for checks written, the done is for checks
cleared.  When a check clears, I transfer from pending to done; hence,
when all checks clear, the pending has 0.0 balance.

This requires double entries, but it's easier for me to follow.

In my case, the balancing of my inventory purchases against my
payment in the database I wrote uses the post date on credit
card transactions, so I would like to have a place to write
it in GnuCash