I think I can see what is happening. i am assuming that these are all
expenses incurred in th conduct of the items described in the description
field.  When you spend money a transaction is going to have two components.
You needto record the act of taking money out of your account and also
record that you received an item in return that was worth that much money.
If we ignore the date and description and just concentrate on the accounts
then the transaction looks like this

Expenses:Camps Out         Dr  50
Asset:Bank Account                          Cr 50

When you are importing them you are assigning both components of the
transaction to the Expense:Camps Out  account rather than the credit
component being assigned to your bank account.
 Your account structure should look something like:
Test_7.png <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/Test_7.png>

the Import Preview screen will give you the settings you need to import the
campsout.csv file you posted earlier as follows:
Import_Preview_014.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/Import_Preview_014.png>

When you click on OK then this screen will come up with the window showing
at the back in the next screensho:
Match_Import_and_GnuCash_accounts_015.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/Match_Import_and_GnuCash_accounts_015.png>

.

AT this point GnuCash does not know that the Camps Out category you assigned
in the previous Window as the Transfer Account is associated to an account
in the  GnuCash account heirarchy. To make that association, double click on
the line in the LH pane and the samller window shown in front will come up.
This allows you to select the Expenses:Camps Out to match that 'Camps Out'
in the Transfer Account column of the input. In practice you might have
several different expense categories and you would assign each category to
an appropriate expense account in your heirarchy. Click OK in the samller
window to close it after selecting the account and then Next in the larger
window ( after assigning an account to any other lines which show up in this
window).
This will bring up the Transaction Information window with an explanatory
page. Click Next again and the

Match Transactions window will come up: Match_Transactions_016.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/Match_Transactions_016.png>
.

Here all the transactions have a green background and are flagged for import
(the book I used had no previous transactions in  it).  If there were any
transactions with a yellow or red background you would have to deal
appropriately with them as described previously. Click Apply and the
Transactions will be imported:
-Test_7.png <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/-Test_7.png>
.
If you open the Asset:CurrentAssets:Bank Account you will get with
View->Transaction Journal selected:
-Test_7.png <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/-Test_7.png>
and if you open the Expense:Camps Out account it will look like this:
Test_7.png <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/Test_7.png>

Yours will have UK pounds not my Aussie dollars of course.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens