Hello.
I suggest an option for the acceptance by GnuCash of the international notation
of numbers, as defined by ISO 31-0 standard and the 22nd General Conference on
Weights and Measures, which declared in 2003 that "the symbol for the decimal
marker shall be either the point on the line or the comma on the line" and
further reaffirmed that "numbers may be divided in groups of three in order to
facilitate reading; neither dots nor commas are ever inserted in the spaces
between groups".81 235,67 and 81 235.67 have the same meaning and would both be
accepted, but 81,235.67 would be refused.   Presently space is neither accepted
in importing nor in pasting into GnuCash. Moreover, if one has chosen the dot
as decimal separator then the coma is refused and vice versa... So I very often
have to modify files in LibreOffice before importing them into GnuCash, and to
type figures I could just copy and paste.