> On Sep 9, 2019 w37d252, at 6:02 AM, John Morris <johnj...@editide.us> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>  I have recently upgraded from Yosemite (macOS 10.10.5) to El Capitan (macOS
> 10.11.6) and Mojave (macOS 10.14.6) on two different machines. In the
> process, I have finally taken the leap from GnuCash 2.6.16 into the 3.x
> series. Until this morning, I was using 3.6 and I am now using 3.7.
>
>  I’m still testing some functions, but it seems to be working reasonably well
> overall. Today, I’m writing about aspects of the report system,
> user-contributed reports and invoices.
>
> 1. User-contributed reports: Just over a year ago, Doug Doughty contributed
> several excellent report templates that allowed me to create some very useful
> reports. I have faithfully moved the contributed files from my old system to
> my new system, but I am not able to find the reports in the Reports menu.
> Should they be working? Where should I look for them? It would be a shame to
> lose all of Doug’s work.

The loading of reports changed between 2.6.x and 3.x. See here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports#Loading_Your_Report

> 2. Invoices: We have been using GnuCash’s invoicing feature to generate
> invoices for our business. This worked reasonably well for several years in
> the 2.6.x series. Unfortunately, both GnuCash 3.6 and 3.7 do less well with
> invoices. The main problem is that the table grid is no longer padded out to
> fill the page. This means that invoices with relatively short descriptions in
> the line items look rather ugly with the table taking up only about half of
> the width of the page and the information that is supposed to be on the right
> side sitting in the middle of the page. Additionally, the invoice number now
> prints at the top left, just below the banner, regardless of what I select in
> the Options dialog. It used to be printed with the invoice details (which I
> have placed on the right side).
>
>  Are others experiencing something different from this?

1. My invoices (editing/viewing) all pad to the width of the window no matter
how I size it, so I’m not sure what you have going on. Maybe try
double-clicking the description header and see if they don’t snap back to
normal from then on. (I’m also on Mojave)

2. I don’t have a copy of 2.6.x handy to see what it was doing, but indeed, the
invoice # prints on the top left. This is because it is the ’title’ of the
document.

You can fix that in Options > Layout > CSS

add this line:

.invoice-title { float: right; }

and Apply.