Hi John,

As you suggest this is likely due to errors in the report code. If so there
should be more details either in the gnucash trace file or on the console. I'm
not on Macos so I'm not sure where console messages get written for
applications that are launched from the gui.
You may be able to run gnucash in a terminal in which case these message will
probably be printed in that terminal.

Regards,

Geert