No. OFX Direct Connect is a way of connecting GnuCash directly to the bank and
retrieving the account, balance, and transaction data directly into GnuCash.

In addition to a working AQBanking it requires that your bank provide the
service and that it reveals enough information that you can configure AQBanking
to connect to it.

Regards,
John Ralls