You *might* be able to find that info by running the GTKInspector. There is a
panel that will show you the current values of various UI elements. But no
guarantee it will show you the actual font used rather than just a declaration.
It’s worth a shot I suppose if it is really important to tweak.

That might be considered an RFE. If GnuCash specified a font family (not just
one) that has all the currency symbols then it is unlikely anyone would ever
come across this issue.

Glad to hear you solved it.